9.22.2003

Grocery Store Fun

Man I got flamed on the last post, wow I didnt see that coming It was just an observation, surely that didnt hit home.. Well I will tell you one thing I think this was the longest week in history, Ill be glad when Parman comes back I'm wore down. I feel like I spent about 200 hours on the salesfloor this week, Its difficult to do the upstairs stuff after you've already been at work 10 or 12 hours. But for sunday it went smooth as glass no major fubars. Everyone even came to work for once. Inventory is tuesday and I think this might be the smoothest one yet our department heads have done a really good job getting their s together this time. Karl waters where are you brother I sent up the batsign and you didnt come brother you left me hanging to run the place by myself all week....Next time Im going to sit upstairs with my feet on the desk! If you like treasure hunting what you should do is go to a grocery store and get a broom and sweep out from under the shelves you would be surprised at what you find, its nothing to find some labels you havent seen for years, if your nostalgic for the old days when you were a kid youll probably find a label or two from then. My favorite is the game where you break down a frozen food or dairy bunker and see who can find the oldest tag laying in there. I've found tags 10 or 15 years old in some of the cases. That would be a great item for a scavenger hunt, who can bring in the oldest kroger tags, and if that dont work maybe you could bring in the oldest file clerk instead! Or what about a contest to see how far you can throw a vine ripened tomato, or how long biscuit dough will stick to the ceiling the last one sticking wins, or a triple jump contest to see if you can run down the side of a meat bunker and jump all three without falling off. or how about sitting 10 mums in the floor and using a pumpkin for a bowling ball. Speaking of pumpkins I hope those damn things dont come in today I dont want nothing to do with them I did that last time, Mike thinks Im going to build the wow on that, negative ghostrider not gonna do it. I wonder how long im going to have to work tonight? I hope its not all night that would suck, On a good note though Im off for alicias birthday tommorrow, I might go get her out of school early and take her to lunch somewhere, Thats a dad thing although it never happened to me Im going to see if it builds goodwill. I wonder why the hell after 20 years of saying I would beat my kids if they dressed like the freaks you see at kroger and the mall, for some unknown reason my kids are dressing like that. The camo pants and black tank top with chains and black makeup alicias sunday ensemble left me speechless I didnt even know what to say I guess I need to go back to deciding what they wear. All stick wears is tony hawk stuff that looks like he just came from the xgames. Hmmm Kids what do you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home